يخضع أو يستسلم: 12وقت التحضير: 10 دقيقة وقت الطبخ: 50 دقيقة وقت إضافي: 5 دقيقة الوقت الكلي: 1 ساعة 5 دقائق
A light and not too sweet cake, chock full of cranberries topped with an orange glaze.
- بيض 3
- 1 1/8 ج (250 جم) سكر
- 1 3/4 c (275g) all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 ملعقة صغيرة بيكنج بودر
- 1/3 كوب (100 جم) زبدة طرية
- 1/3 c (100g) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups (300g) fresh cranberries (frozen don't work well) - if you have a 12 oz bag, just reserve come cranberries for the decoration
- ملعقة صغيرة الفانيليا انتزاع 2
- juice of half an organic orange (about 2 oz)
- 3 ملعقة كبيرة سكر
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and grease and flour an 8" springform pan.
- Toss the cranberries in a little flour and set aside.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder then add to the mixture in the bowl a little at a time along with the softened butter. Continue to mix until completely blended, then stir in the yogurt.
- Add the cranberries and vanilla and stir until evenly combined, then put the batter into the prepared tin.
- اخبز لمدة 50-60 دقيقة (حسب الفرن الخاص بك) ، لكن اختبرها باستخدام أ اختبار كعكة or skewer to make sure the cranberry cake is done before removing from the oven. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes, then remove the side of the springform pan.
Glaze and Decorate the Cranberry Cake
- While the cake is cooling (before taking it out of the pan) put the sugar and orange juice for the glaze into a small pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 6 or 7 minutes or until starts to become a sticky glaze.
- (Decorative Cranberries – if you want to decorate the top with a few glazed and sugared cranberries, it’s easy! Before putting the glaze on the cake, drop a few berries into the pot to cover with glaze, and remove immediately. Place the cranberries on a silicone sheet or flat plate to set. If you want sugared cranberries, simply roll them in sugar after dipping in the glaze.)
- Pour and brush the glaze over the top of the cake while it is still warm. I place a plate under the cooling rack to catch any drips
- When cool, place on a cake stand or serving plate and decorate as desired. I used glazed and sugared cranberries with 3 orange leaves.