يخضع أو يستسلم: 36 وقت التحضير: 15 دقيقة وقت الطبخ: 30 دقيقة الوقت الكلي: 45 دقيقة
- 2 1/2 sticks (300g) good quality butter, unsalted and at room temperature (if you only have salted butter, omit the salt)
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) superfine or Baker’s sugar (caster sugar in the UK)
- بيض 6، تعرض للضرب
- 2 cups (300g) self-rising flour (or all purpose flour with 2 tsp baking powder), SIFTED
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 jar raspberry jam, good quality; I like Mackays or Bonne Maman (you won't use the entire jar)
- 1 cup (8 oz) heavy whipping cream, whipped
- مسحوق السكر للغبار
إعداد cupcake tins مع paper liners.
Preheat oven to 350º F (175º C)
- In a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. It will begin to pale in color, too.
- Add about one third of the beaten eggs, and mix well at medium speed.
- Then add about a third of the sifted flour. Repeat this step. Add the rest of the eggs and mix well, then turn the mixer to low and add the final flour. Just mix until well combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners half full with the batter and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when placed in the center of a cupcake.
- Remove cupcakes from the tin, place on cooling rack and allow to cool completely. When ready to decorate, cut out the center of each cupcake, angling the knife at a 45º angle.
- Then cut the loose piece in half to resemble butterfly wings. Place a small amount of jam in the center. Follow with a dollop of cream (or buttercream, if desired). You can also pipe the cream like I did. Next, place the "wings" on top.
- Repeat with all of the cupcakes, then dust each one generously with powdered sugar. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.